The accelerated four-year (3+1) BA or BFA/MS program is designed for outstanding School of Communications students — those who rank in the top 20 percent of their high school class and have a combined SAT score of 1200 (or ACT of 27). Students are invited to the program as freshmen and complete the bachelor's degree at an accelerated pace (three years as opposed to the typical four).
Program features include:
- Flat tuition and fees for the entire 4 years, with academic scholarships carrying over from the third to the fourth (graduate) year
- An optional Living Learning Community cohort housing opportunity, including a dedicated residential assistant
- An academic advisor who also serves as the director of the program within the school
- Special programming and networking opportunities for program students
- Guaranteed acceptance to the QU in LA program
You'll have the opportunity to choose among our 6 undergraduate programs and 4 graduate programs. Learn more about each program by clicking the links below.
Students must live in one of the University's housing options for all four years of the program. Undergraduate degree requirements are completed in three years, and graduate degree requirements in one year. Six credits count toward both the graduate and undergraduate requirements, saving both time and money. Typically, students are registered for 18-19 credits in the fall or spring semesters and up to six credits during summer sessions. Most summer courses are offered online, so students do not need to remain in Hamden during the summer months.
Additional course details
Explore descriptions, schedule and instructor information using the Course Finder tool.